At Volunteer Mississippi, we care about YOU and want to engage and support ALL Mississippians in service to their communities. Join our team and help connect volunteers with opportunities all over Mississippi so YOU can make a real change in someone’s life!
Public Relations Specialist
Public Relations Specialist
Agency Job Title: Public Relations Specialist
Position Type: State Government, Non-State Service
Salary Range: $36,624.00 – $62,489.70; negotiable based on experience.
Interested individuals should submit a portfolio, resume and cover letter to email@example.com by February 29, 2024 for consideration.
The Public Relations Officer will help to create and promote the corporate identity and mission to customers, the public, and employees through the creation and distribution of brochures, news releases, and other documents. This position assists in increasing awareness of agency responsibilities by providing information and participation opportunities to the public. Perform news and/or publication writing, graphic and/or website design, photography, videography, and social media work. Work is performed under the administrative direction of the Public Relations Director.
- Oversees and produces, from concept to completion, a broad array of digital and/or print promotional and communication materials for the organization.
- Ensures that all materials present a clear, unified, and positive image for the organization and/or brand.
- Plans, prepares, and distributes original promotional content such as articles, news and press releases, email, blog and social media posts, and other updates on behalf of the organization.
- Promotes and attends special events and functions; promotes and reports on corporate milestones and activities such as company goals and projects; new products or services; community service activities; and new hires, promotions, and retirements.
- Posts and monitors social media accounts.
- Update website content and design.
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing strategies and campaigns to build awareness of MCVS programs.
- May be required to staff the MCVS desk at the Emergency Operations Center or assist with field operations as directed in the event of a disaster.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and delegate tasks.
- Excellent speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to create and present ideas and budgets in a variety of formats.
- Ability to maintain confidential records.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud, and related software.
Education and Experience:
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of experience.
- Know the philosophy, mission, leadership needs, and planning requirements of organization preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Please submit portfolio, resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2024