This position supports the Regional Disaster Cycle Services (DCS) department. Disaster Action Team (DAT) Service Associates serve on a team to provide 24-hour immediate support and assistance to individuals and families who have been impacted by a home fire or other local disaster.
- Works as part of an assigned team to respond to local disasters within established time frames defined in the Disaster Action Team Program Standards & Procedures.
- Commits to being available during assigned shifts in RC Respond, the DAT scheduling system, and communicating scheduling conflicts with DAT Leadership.
- Maintains regular communication with Duty Officer and other members of the team while assigned to an event to ensure continuity and safety.
- Creates cases in RC Care, and complete confirmations as a second responder.
- Provides care, comfort, and compassion to clients (in accordance with Red Cross standards and procedures).
- Works with on-scene DAT leader to assess whether additional resources/support are required and communicates those needs to DAT Leadership.
- Tracks, issues, and maintains personal inventory of Client Assistance Cards.
- Attends regularly scheduled team/DAT meetings as required by Chapter/Region.
- Supports DAT capacity building by mentoring and training DAT responders on DAT responses and exercises when available.
- Maintains RC Care Intake Worker user access.