Genesis and Light Center has many needs for volunteers! You can serve in any of the following areas:
1. Tutoring program: Volunteers will serve as After School Program Tutors in order to monitor K-9th grade students completing homework and other extracurricular activities. During after school hours, volunteers will mentor students in their social skills and tutor students in areas of science, math, language arts, and reading. The volunteer would be responsible for the following:
- Helping students develop positive attitudes toward learning and studying
- Serving as a role model for students being served
- Assisting in selecting materials and approaches that are suitable for the student’s ability and needs
- Assisting in the organizing, developing, and implementing program
- Evaluating and supervising youth
- The daily schedule is 2:30 p.m. to 6 p.m., and your time commitment would be minimum 3 hours per week. Genesis and Light adheres to CDC’s social distancing guidelines, including daily temperature checks, facial coverings, and supplies for daily disinfecting and cleaning. Please send an email if you want more information!
2. Senior Social Club: Volunteer assists in planning our adult day care program’s services to meet individual needs of participants, liaison with community agencies, and providing services to individuals and families. The assistant also coordinates the development and ongoing review of participants’ plan of care.
3. Event Monitor: This volunteer monitors rental events at our facility, particularly in the auditorium and library areas. The monitor makes sure guests observe all center rules and that guests have the things needed for their event. The monitor helps guests get familiar with rooms being rented by providing tours in advance of the event.
4. Administrative Volunteer: This volunteer screens incoming correspondence, refers to appropriate staff member for reply, and composes and arranges correspondence for staff. Reviews outgoing correspondence prepared by other staff members for consistency with administrative policy as well as for format, grammatical construction, and clerical errors.