This position supports the Regional Disaster Cycle Services department. To serve on a Disaster Action Team as a worker on a DAT response to provide 24-hour immediate support and assistance to individuals and families who have been impacted by a home fire or other local disaster.
– Works as part of an assigned team to respond to local disasters within two hours.
– Has access to RC Care and can directly enter case data.
– Works with on-scene lead to assess whether additional resources/support are required and communicates those needs to DAT Leadership.
– Attends regularly scheduled team/DAT meetings as required by Chapter/Region.
– Commits to being available during assigned shifts and communicates scheduling conflicts with DAT Leadership.
– Other responsibilities as assigned by DAT Leadership.